Friday 12 February 2016

Yang tersirat dan tersurat

Assalamualaikum...

Actually, there are a lot of things which we don't understand in life. Things which defy logics and thing which can't be explained by the physic of life. There is a words in the Quran to explain this matter. "It is possible that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you love a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows while you do not" (Al-Baqarah 216).

Sounds familiar? I believe that everyone must have had experienced this moment when nothing is going to what you have planned even though that the plan was carefully constructed. I experienced this kind of moment several time in my life. Speaking of which, I am currently engaging myself in this situation where all the things that I have planned for is going down the drain. Well.. Most of it it not all. Upon having my master, I planned to have a good job in the private sector. Or having a job in the oil and gas industry (not very keen though but the pay is tempting) and then start to think on buying a house. Unfortunately for me, when I came back to Malaysia, our economy is in a slump. To make matters worse, the price of oil has been a record low. It is a bad news for a job seeker like myself because the industry is chopping of the number of workers and on the other hand, we are trying to get in to that industry. That is why I am still a jobless 29 years old bloke after almost 4 months of returning to Malaysia. Well, this is not the first time my plan went to the drain. It is similar and spookily deja vu to what I have gone through in the year 2009 when I came back from studying medicine. But Alhamdulillah.. This time I am wiser and calmer to face this situation. 4 months without a job and I am still not blaming the fate.

I am not saying I have a good and strong faith (Iman). I too have had a moment when I feel desperate and there is a time when I started to blame my fate. But whatever you do, you just can't change that. Because just like the ayat I mentioned above. You know nothing about what is best for you and what is not good for you. He is the best planner because His knowledge is boundless.

I still remember what my former boss told me. I was having a discussion on how my planned to get married at the age of 25 was not successful. I told him that I don't want to have a children who are still in their studies when I retire. Then he told me his situation. He married when he was 26 which is as what he planned. He has similar thinking to me. He wants to have children as early as possible so that his children will be able to make a living before he retires. You know what? He had his first child 6 years after his marriage. Even his properly thought of plan still can't beat the plan from the Almighty. Because we are nobody. Always remember that.

No comments: