Tuesday 8 November 2011

Interview with Western Digital (HEIGIP program)


On the 25th of October, I was interviewed by a representative from Western Digital for participation to High End Industry Graduate Internship Program. For further reading about the program, you can go here (http://icn.uitm.edu.my/programs/heigip-program.html). It came to me (about a week before 25th October) as a bit of a shock partly because I never heard about this program but mostly because why they chose me. I don't really know what is the criteria for choosing the interviewee but only 250 places are offered throughout the whole nation (IPTA) will be chosen to be involved in the pilot program which is scheduled on the coming semester break. It was a short interview (lasting about 15-20 minutes for each candidate). And to be honest, this is not my first interview since I was born to this world. So, I didn't get caught into my nervousness at that day. The interviewer (a woman) didn't even take a glimpse at my certificate file. She only looked at my resume and the first thing she noticed is that I said I can speak a little bit of Czech and German. And of course she asked me how come. I said I learn Germany in UiTM (3rd language subject) and Czech because I spent 2 years studying medicine there. She is shocked. And the interview went on to that matter. A lot of questions were asked but the question that caught my attention was "How do you overcome the feel of disappointment? You are in the way of becoming a doctor which is the most noble profession (by Malaysian standard I believe) but didn't made it through". This time, I'm the one who shocked. Firstly because I've never been asked to answer such question. Secondly because I'm not prepared by any means to answer it. This is what I call as out of the box question. But mostly because I've no idea how I overcome the disappointment. I pray a lot. That's for sure. And I guess I keep telling myself that this is part of His plan. He is the best planner and who am I to go against His will. Whatever it is, it was a very unforgettable experience to be asked that way. Thanks Ms Hafeeza of Western Digital for that question. It makes me think of how I overcome it. Oh.. Before I forgot, my chance?? Nahhh... Haha..

7 comments:

inginTahu said...

salam~
after reading this post, just wanna know, study kt uitm mne ek??
just curious...

acute_writer said...

UiTM Shah Alam. Fakulti Sains Gunaan.

princess_lien said...

Haii..sy pn dpt offer interview ni..tp company TM..dis becoming tuesday bru due..any tips to share..sy stdnt fac math..hehe

inginTahu said...

sme cm princess_lien, sy pn dpt utk company TM...
sy FSKM... tp xtau lg nk g ke x...
huu~

acute_writer said...

Kalau TM i'm not sure. Tp kalau dgn WD ari tu, die x tgk pun sijil. Die tgk resume je. So make sure la resume tu buat elok2 supaya bole bg impak pd interviewer.

princess_lien said...

oh tula..dah bce post awk kat atas..harap2 esok ok..wish me luck..^_^

acute_writer said...

Esk interview kt mane? Gud luck utk sesiapa yg ade interview esk. Make sure buat preparation elok2. :)