Saturday 26 November 2011

We are all lying liars

Don't tell me you never lie in your life. Because that's just bullshit. The fact is, we've lied. At least, even though it's unlikely, once. In this globalized world, it is impossible to find someone who had never lied in their life. Even a pious one. Maybe they may not lie as frequent as most of the others. But I believe that they must've lied before.

I've lied too. It's not something I'm proud of. But that's the fact. However, I lied for a reason. I know there is no absolute reason for you to lie. There's no such thing as 'bohong sunat' as mentioned by P. Ramlee. It's not in Islam. But I lied mostly to avoid myself from answering another question which may arise if I told them the truth. Classic example is when someone I barely know ask me my age. I never told them my real age. Instead, I discounted my own age. Haha.. This happen a lot when I'm at UiTM. Even most of my housemate do not know my real age. This is to avoid them from asking me "How come??". It's not that I'm ashamed of my past but more to avoid myself from answering the same question over and over again. For me, it's enough that only someone close to me knows about my past.

The point I'm trying to make is, we all lied. At least once. But I believe that we lied for a reason. Just like me. We may have different reasons but we lied nevertheless. So why does when someone lied to us, we tend to get angry? Even myself. I know it's very annoying to know that you've been lied all this while but didn't we do the same thing too?? So, my suggestion when we know that someone is lying to you, as them why. Then evaluate their reason. Whether it is an acceptable lie or an unacceptable one.

1 comment:

ASHU HAZWANI said...

i'm agree wif u,bro!
coz we're in the same situation..